Services We Provide
SMR is an open access private railway facilitating access to the Main Northern Railway (MNR) at Telarah. Our track is operated under RISSB standards, and except for our arrival and departure roads, is a single line run under a staff and ticket safeworking system, mechanical points and lower quadrant signals.
Our track is currently configured to run trains up to 19 tonne axle loads (tal) with maximum speeds of 30km/hr, however our EGJ yards are capable of taking a heavier axle load.
We are an accredited Rail Infrastructure Manager (RIM) of a registered private siding. We are also accredited as a Rolling Stock Operator (RSO) as an owner and operator of a shunter, hi-rail vehicles and wagons on our network.
There are two distinct arms to our business operation:
- The first is the effective management and control of Pacific National coal trains from the MNR to the Austar Coal Mine at Pelton.
- The second is the East Greta Junction (EGJ) yard located adjacent to the MNR at Telarah, which consists of:
- Arrival and departure roads
- Signal box
- Two yards with sidings
The old SMR workshops and yard (currently owned by the Hunter Valley Training Company) can also be accessed through EGJ.
Local, national and international firms use our EGJ yards to stable and maintain track maintenance machines and repair wagons thanks to our central location and ease of access to the MNR line.
Swietelsky Rail Australia currently occupy four UP sidings and office space
- Laing O’Rourke Australia Construction currently occupy two UP sidings
- Gemco Rail currently occupy one DN siding
- Harbinger Infrastructure currently occupy part of one DN siding
- Autech Rail Australia currently occupy part of No.4 DN siding
- 3801 Limited currently occupy part of No.3 DN siding
- Additional sidings can be constructed if required.
We can provide a vast array of services to meet your business needs.
For more information, please click on the links or contact us.